‘Working together, learning together.’
School mission statement:
At Swalwell Primary School we aim to create a happy and inclusive learning environment where we work hard and make lasting friendships.
The school is at the heart of the community and aims to provide a safe, caring and respectful environment which enables pupils to develop academically, emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually whilst promoting fundamental British values. We provide a broad and engaging curriculum which allows individuals to develop their educational potential and skills for life. We firmly believe every child has the right to be the best they can be and we strive to ensure each child reaches their academic, social, physical and emotional potential.
Children’s rights are at the core of our practice, we firmly believe every child has:
• The right to learn
• The right to be safe
• The right to be heard
• The right to be happy
• The right to be me
Aims and Values
• Swalwell Primary School is a caring community that values the self-esteem of both children and staff.
• Relationships are based upon trust, honesty and mutual respect between all members of the school.
• All the children’s achievements are valued and celebrated by the school
• The school promotes self-value and feeling good about oneself
• Self-discipline is an important part of teaching and learning.
• Every child is encouraged to develop his or her potential.
• Each person should be respected, regardless of learning ability, social, physical, religious or ethnic background.
Our Curriculum Aims: